Want expert tips from House Removalists? Perth based Crusader Removals know that when you’re moving house, it’s important to know how to pack different rooms properly.
This includes everything from your kitchen and bedroom to your garage and even any gym equipment you might have. Before your house removalist arrives to relocate you either in Perth or any other capital city, you’re belongings need to be packed up.
Here’s some top tips from the team to help you prepare for moving day.
How to Start Packing Your Kitchen
Disassemble all large appliances and wrap them in bubble wrap or blankets. Smaller items can be packed into boxes. Don’t forget to pack the essentials like pots, pans, and dishware, and use bubble wrap or paper to individually wrap glasses and plates. Be sure to mark these boxes as fragile in preparation for your house removal to be done.
How to Pack Your Beds and Mattresses for Moving Day
Start by packing away all bedding and linens. Then, disassemble any furniture that can be taken apart. Wrap each piece in bubble wrap or blankets and label them accordingly. Lastly, pack away clothes, shoes, and other smaller items.
You can either hang them up in garment bags or fold them and put them in boxes. Then, move on to other items like, curtains, and rugs.
Pack up all your clothes in each bedroom
You can either pack them into boxes or suitcases. If you have a lot of shoes, consider getting a shoe rack to keep them organized. Next, move on to your bedding and curtains. These can be packed into boxes or vacuum bags. Finally, pack any remaining items like books, photos, and souvenirs.
When Packing Furniture in your Lounge and Living Areas, Try this..
– Use bubble wrap, blankets, or furniture pads to protect your furniture from scratches or dents.
– Disassemble furniture whenever possible to make it easier to move and pack.
– Label all boxes and furniture pieces clearly so you know where everything goes when you reach your new house.
– Put heavier items on the bottom of boxes and lighter items on top.
– Avoid packing fragile items like lamps and vases in with other heavy items. Pack them separately in bubble wrap for extra protection.
What about packing photos and wall art for your house removal?
– Photos and art should be packed separately from other items in your house.
– Choose a sturdy box or container to pack them in, and line the bottom with bubble wrap or tissue paper.
– Place each photo or piece of art in its own individual protective sleeve before packing them into the box.
– Fill any empty spaces in the box with crumpled newspaper or packing peanuts to avoid damage during transit.
– Label the box clearly so you know where it is when you reach your new house.
How to Pack your Garage and Home Gym
Any larger items like bikes or lawn equipment should be disassembled and wrapped in bubble wrap. Box up smaller items like tools and cleaning supplies.
– Gym equipment:
Most gym equipment can be disassembled and packed into boxes. However, you may need to get creative with larger items like treadmills or ellipticals.
With these packing tips, you’ll be able to pack your house quickly and efficiently!
What if you don’t want to pack? See if your House Removalist offers the service
Good news! Crusaders have a House Removalist team for Perth based clients to help you get organised. With ten years under their belts, packing for house removals can be stress free.